Yorkshire Coast BID recommends the following coastal destinations for cooling off with your pooch:
1. Hunmanby Gap Beach is great for a long walk to tire them out, this 12-mile stretch of beach is just South of Filey and is dog friendly all year round too!
2. Yorkshire Water Park at Wykeham Lakes has a cool 2.5km track around the site with great countryside views. There’s also an aqua park, paddle boarding, sailing, or fishing.
3. Robin Hoods Bay is the end point for Wainwright’s coast-to-coast walk and perfect for a photograph of your dog on the beach, with craggy cliffs and sweeping views.
4. Peasholm Park in Scarborough welcomes dogs on leads to explore the Oriental-themed Park, which has an island in the middle of a boating lake with an impressive pagoda. Rowing boats are available for you and your furry friend to enjoy.
5. Scarborough Castle, with stunning town views and steeped in more than 3,000 years of history, this English Heritage site has plenty to keep both two and four-legged visitors entertained. Dogs on leads are welcome to explore the castle ruins and grassy headland, which has incredible views over the North Sea.
Know about another?
What’s your favourite spot to cool off with your pet in Yorkshire? Let us know in the comments below, or on social media.